Gather over 400 nursing and care staff dressed in ball gowns and DJs in a big room at the Citywest Hotel, throw in some fine food and a couple of bottles of wine and add a dash of Marty Whelan and what do you get? It can only be Nursing Homes Ireland annual care awards that took place last night.
matchmedics were delighted to be in attendance as the contribution and commitment of so many people working in elderly and long term care all over Ireland was celebrated in fine style. All of the short-listed finalists were welcomed onto the stage in a dramatic drum-led procession and, after short speeches from the Minister for Mental Health and Older People, Helen McEntee and NHI Chief Executive Tadhg Daly, the award winners were announced
We would like to congratulate warmly all of the winners on the night:
• Frances Neilan of Clarenbridge Nursing Home for Nursing Home Director of Nursing/ Person in Charge.
• Binimole Santosh of Esker Lodge Nursing Home for Nursing Home Registered Nurse of the Year.
• Philip Archbold of Anovocare Nursing Home for Nursing Home Carer of the Year
• Niamh Kelly of Altadore Nursing Home for Nursing Home Social and Recreational Programme Award
• Marie Carey of Ashlawn House Nursing Home who received a Lifetime Achievement Award.
• Sarah McDonagh of Clarenbridge Nursing Home for Nursing Home Catering and Nutrition.
• Dermot Fall of Sonas Care Centre Cloverhill for Nursing Home Ancillary Worker.
• Mary O’ Dowd for Carrigoran House for Nursing Home Community Initiative.
• The Quality of Life Committee from Sonas Care Centre Ard na Gréine for Nursing Home Innovations In Dementia Care Award
• Linda Carew of Millbrae Lodge Nursing Home for Nursing Home End of Life Care Award.
• Patrick Donnelly of Hamilton Park Care Facility for Nursing Home Resident Achievement Award.
All of the shortlisted finalists and award winners in each category demonstrated remarkable dedication to the care of older people that is replicated day in day out by their peers and colleagues in nursing homes and other care facilties right across the country.
Hat tip to all involved in delivering such a great night and we are already looking forward to the 2017 event.